Daily COVID-19 Monitoring Checklist
To prevent the spread of illness and to reduce the potential risk of exposure to our students, employees, and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic, Salem Academy and College has developed this checklist to determine when it is safe for campus members and guests to enter campus.
All students, employees, and authorized visitors are required to monitor their own health on a daily basis consistent with this checklist before coming to campus or reporting to class or work. Individuals must not enter campus or report to class or work if they answer “yes” to any of the following questions.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND EXPOSURE
Do you have any of these symptoms not related to another medical condition?
- Fever (equal to or greater than 100.4°F or 38°C) or Chills
- New Cough
- Difficulty Breathing or Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- New Headache
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Nausea or Vomiting
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Nasal Congestion or Runny nose (not related to allergies)
*Have you had “close contact” (defined as within 6 feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) in the last 10 days with someone that has a suspected or lab confirmed case of COVID-19?
Have you been directed by a health department or health care provider to quarantine or isolate within the last 10 days?
Have you or any member of your household been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
Are you or anyone in your household awaiting results of a COVID-19 test due to symptoms or exposure?
*Have traveled internationally or on a cruise ship within the last 10 days?
*Pursuant to CDC guidelines, close contact exposure and travel are positively impacted by COVID-19 vaccination and may not result in the need to quarantine. Campus members should promptly report this information to Salem as directed for further instructions before reporting to campus. Proof of vaccination status will be required for exclusion from quarantine.
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS OR REPORT TO WORK and promptly notify the following Salem official:
- If you are an EMPLOYEE (faculty and staff), notify Human Resources by emailing email@example.com or calling 336-917-5721 for further instruction. Also seek advice from your healthcare provider.
- If you are a STUDENT, notify Health Services by calling 336-917-5383 during regular operating hours or contact the Salem COVID-19 Response Team any time at COVID19@salem.edu or by calling 743-444-5133 (Academy students) or 336-575-3887 (College students) for further instruction. If you are a residential student and it is safe to do so, remain in your residence hall room or report to the closest designated quarantine/isolation space pending further instruction.
- If you are a VISITOR OR GUEST, coordinate with your Salem Academy and College contact by phone or email to reschedule your visit. Also seek advice from your healthcare provider. Visitors or guests will be subject to Salem Quarantine and Isolation Situational Protocols requirements and must be cleared by the Salem COVID Response Team (COVID19@salem.edu) prior to campus entry.