Salem recognizes the social and relational importance of the Salem community being able to gather with friends and colleagues for shared experiences, while also balancing the imperative that these activities must be conducted with special health and safety protocols during the pandemic. Until further notice, the following guidelines apply for campus events:
- Events will be subject to COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies, including the Use of Face Coverings, Physical Distancing, and Healthy Hygiene as applicable.
- Guests and campus members must not participate in events if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or illness or if they have had a close contact exposure resulting in the need to quarantine.
- For events that are open to 200 or more external guests or visitors, external attendees must present their COVID-19 vaccination card or a current negative COVID-19 test (obtained within 72 hours prior to the event) upon entry to campus and prior to admission. Salem employees and students should present their Salem ID cards for admission.
- Indoor events with 50 200 or more attendees will require the use of cloth facial covering
- Outdoor events will be encouraged when possible.
- Podium speakers may unmask while speaking.
- Stage performers may unmask while performing during special events.
- An enhanced hygiene environment with disinfectant products and hand sanitizer will be implemented for all events.
- Seating capacities may be maximized for the available space.
- Events hosted by external individuals, businesses, and organizations require approval by Salem administration. External groups may be subject to a special cleaning fee for related facility disinfection services.
- Athletic-specific protocols for fan attendance are set by the Athletics Department consistent with NCISAA, NCAA, USA South, and public health guidance.
- Aramark will be responsible for providing all food and beverage services. Type of services will be limited and possibly restricted.
Event organizers may receive further instructions regarding event organization and planning under this policy. This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice based on campus and community conditions. Please review this site for the most current version of the policy for in-person events.