Members of the Search Committee
- Elizabeth D. Baird C’83, Chair – Trustee
- L. Duane Davis, Vice Chair – Former Trustee, Chair of the Finance Committee and Academy Parent
- Dr. Sarah Berga* – Trustee
- Dr. Patrice B. Davis C’89* – Trustee
- Stratford N. Kiger C’90 – Trustee
- Dr. Brandy Nelson C’97 – Trustee
- Dr. Eileen Wilson-Oyelaran* – Trustee
Faculty & Administrators
- Dr. Daniel Prosterman – Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and Dean of the College
- Kathy M. Barnes C’81* – Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Dr. Traci Porter* – Associate Professor of Biology and Chair of the Biology Department at Salem College
- Dr. Sheryl Long* – Director of Teacher Education and Graduate Studies in Education
- Kris Porazzi Sorrells C’96, – Academy Head of School
- Dr. Christopher Clary – English teacher at Salem Academy
- Meghan Sigler C’21* – College Student Government Association President
- Sophie Severs A’21 – Academy Honor Cabinet President
February 10, 2021
Dear Salem Academy and College Campus Community:
We are making good progress toward the selection of the next president of Salem Academy and College. Salem’s Board of Trustees distributed a Request for Proposals (RFP) to hire an executive search firm in late 2020. We received several strong proposals, conducted a thorough review, and are pleased to announce that Salem’s Board of Trustees has retained Storbeck Search to guide our selection process.
Storbeck Search began work in January with a goal of naming a new president by mid-year.
Woman-owned and woman-led, Storbeck Search is an executive search firm with success in finding leaders for higher education, health, and independent schools. These areas often overlap to provide the most talented and broadly diverse pools of candidates. Storbeck Search has a national reputation based on its integrity, connections, and insight from decades of experience. Storbeck Search is committed to working proactively and energetically to recruit an excellent and diverse pool of candidates for Salem Academy and College.
The Search Committee will continue to provide regular updates to the Salem Academy and College alumnae and the campus community. Updates will also be available at Salem Academy-Search and Salem College-Search.
Below, please find a list of the names of the 15 individuals who make up the Presidential Search Committee. The Committee working with Storbeck Search is composed of alumnae, trustees and a former trustee, and leadership representing the Academy and College, including student representatives.
The Chair of the Search Committee is Elizabeth (Liz) D. Baird, who also is Salem’s incoming Board of Trustees Chair. It is crucial for the incoming Board Chair to have a key role in the Search Committee, and I’m thrilled that Liz has agreed to serve in both capacities. In addition to her leadership, Liz is a third-generation alumna (C’83) and is a proud parent of a Salem College alumna.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank Interim President Susan Henking for her ongoing and vital leadership of Salem Academy and College.
McDara P. Folan, III
Chair, Board of Trustees
*indicates the individual was a member of the prior Search Committee