Part-Time Clinical Coordinator
Salem Academy and College invites applications for a Part-Time Clinical Coordinator. This position will be responsible for coordinating field experiences and all aspects of student teaching. Weekly hours will approximate 25-28.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country. Since 1772, the institution has engaged in transformational change to innovate women’s education. Founded with the mission of making education accessible to all, Salem has a rich 250-year-old history and a long-standing track record of educating students who are prepared to make a bold impact locally, nationally and globally through liberal arts education. Our graduates are committed to making the world a better, healthier and more equitable place. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of health leaders.
Salem College has more than 40 full-time faculty and over 150 staff members who support approximately 500 students including full-time undergraduates, part-time students and graduate programs. Salem recently received the largest philanthropic gift in its history with a $5M anonymous donation focused on enabling our health leadership transformation as well as a $3.6M estate gift to support the College. Salem completed its 250th-anniversary campaign this year exceeding a $12.5M goal.
U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023 Rankings, ranked Salem College No. 1 among all National Liberal Arts Colleges in America as a Top Performer on Social Mobility. Our institution has rapidly moved up the national ranking for Social Mobility, from No. 10 in 2020 and No. 4 in 2021 to No. 1 in 2022. Salem College is also ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 2 National Liberal Arts College in North Carolina. Salem has been ranked among the top three National Liberal Arts Colleges in North Carolina for the past seven years. In addition, Salem College was ranked 6th in the nation for college affordability last year.
Salem College is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known as the “City of Arts and Innovation". Winston-Salem is a lively academic community, home to six institutions of higher education and more than 26,000 students. Winston Salem has a collaborative and engaged academic community with strong private and public schools, excellent healthcare systems, and affordable housing. The Winston-Salem area also offers a rich variety of cultural opportunities and has a vibrant art and restaurant scene. Within a few hours of campus are mountains for skiing, camping, or hiking; rivers for whitewater rafting; and the beautiful ports and beaches of North and South Carolina.
This position will be responsible for coordinating field experiences and all aspects of student teaching. Weekly hours will approximate 25-28.
- Serve as liaison with partner school systems
- Identify, review, and maintain field experience sites
- Collaborate with the Director of Teacher Education to coordinate the Community Advisory Board
- Coordinate all aspects of the student teaching experience including:
- Serve as contact and resource person for the cooperating teachers and supervisors
- Train new cooperating teachers
- Train university supervisors to coach student teachers, to assess assignments, to use online learning management system, and to perform all duties associated with student teacher supervision
- Audit student teaching applications to determine readiness for student teaching
- Arrange placements for all student teachers
- Conduct weekly seminar class for student teachers in fall and spring semesters
- Provide mentoring and support to student teachers
- Supervise student teachers
- Collaborate with the edTPA coordinator to organize and support teacher candidates in creating and submitting the edTPA, a required performance assessment
- Monitor progress and completion of state requirements for teacher licensure
- Collect and analyze data related to field and clinical experiences.
- Participate in education program meetings
- Assist with recruitment of teacher candidates
- Master’s degree in education or closely related field
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience in K-12 schools
- Current North Carolina teacher licensure or eligibility for licensure
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple tasks
- PhD or EdD in education or closely related field
- Experience coaching pre-service or in-service teachers
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to travel moderate distances around campus to meet and communicate with employees, students, and other campus constituents in the performance of the essential duties and responsibilities; to work at a computer for extended periods of time; receive detailed information through auditory and oral communication; to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and to work on campus and in an office setting.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae; a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement; a statement of teaching philosophy; and contact information for three professional references to both Sheryl.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Part-Time Clinical Coordinator Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled. If you have questions regarding this position, you may email inquiries to Sheryl.email@example.com.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.