Business Office Associate
Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for a Business Office Associate. The Business Office Associate reports to the Controller and is responsible for serving as cashier and accounts receivable responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process incoming department and student receipts
- Post College and Academy student payments
- Process Academy A/R
- Maintain petty cash drawer
- Hold open hours for in-person cashiering functions
- Review and process student reimbursements
- Coordinate student organization activity
- Cross train in College A/R processes
- Coordinate P-Card process
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- One year cash receipts and accounts receivable experience preferably in an educational or non-profit organization
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Able to work on college campus in person
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated ability to develop policies and procedures
- Experience with Blackbaud products suite (Financial, Education, Raisers Edge)
- ERP system efficiency implementation
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.