Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Associate Registrar. The Associate Registrar has direct responsibilities related to curriculum maintenance, course scheduling, transfer evaluation, graduation eligibility and certification, maintenance of the degree audit, and assists the registrar in overseeing the daily academic and administrative operations of the office. The Associate Registrar interprets and upholds the college’s academic policies and assists the registrar in maintaining accurate records of, and effective communication pertaining to, curriculum-related issues. As needed, the associate registrar acts as liaison to deans, faculty, staff, and students and as proxy for the registrar. Coordinates with the Academy Registrar and Director of Curriculum and Instruction. This position reports directly to the Registrar.
About Salem Academy and College
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college dedicated to developing the next generation of women leaders in health. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with registration functions, including but not limited to coordination of approved changes with deans, faculty and staff, maintaining the academic calendar and setting up online registration in Ellucian’s Power Campus.
- Communicates all registration information, grading and other academic deadlines, and important dates to faculty and students.
- Provides data to other areas as requested after consultation with the registrar.
- Assists with academic catalog review and edit.
- Assists with course schedule and classroom scheduling in Power Campus.
- Maintains the degree audit (academic plan) in Ellucian’s Power Campus to accurately track students’ progress toward degree completion in all majors, minors, concentrations and other academic areas; applies substitutions for requirements in keeping with approved college policies.
- Provides training support to faculty, advisors and department chairs with issues related to the use of Ellucian’s Power Campus advising, registration, grading and degree audit functions.
- Reviews processes and coordinates functions that affect the interaction of the Registrar’s Office with other units; determines and implements best practices. Coordinates with the Academy Registrar and Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Assists with transfer credit, including college transcripts, advanced placement, international baccalaureate, and study abroad. Maintains all transfer articulation records in Power Campus.
- Assists with commencement preparation and ceremony activities.
- Provides excellent customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Registrar’s Office or other student services office.
- Demonstrated technology skills including knowledge of integrated student database systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines in a service environment, subject to frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a professional and tactful approach.
- Skill in effectively interpreting and applying college policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow FERPA guidelines when interacting with internal and external constituents.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume or curriculum vitae and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.