Associate Director of Admissions for Alumnae Volunteer Management
Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Associate Director of Admissions for Alumnae Volunteer Management. The Associate Director of Admissions for Alumnae Volunteer Management will work as a part of Salem’s Admissions team, reporting to the Director of Admissions. This position oversees the planning and execution of the Office of Admissions strategic outreach using Alumnae Volunteers. The network of Alumnae Volunteers is charged with the responsibility to represent Salem College at targeted high schools and College Fairs. The Volunteer network works with students who have applied to Salem providing important information concerning the college admission process. The position will work closely with the Office of Alumnae Relations to develop supportive networks for Alumnae to volunteer in assisting in the recruitment of students to Salem College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to the Following:
- Works closely with the AVP for Enrollment Communications to envision and implement a consistent, on-brand digital and written communication plan and marketing strategies.
- In conjunction with the Office of Alumnae Relations, develops a supportive network of Alumnae to volunteer in assisting in the recruitment of students to Salem College.
- Attends communication meetings and associated planning sessions as needed.
- Expands and enhances the Office of Admissions’ social media reach; employs new and creative tactics for engaging with the prospective student population and their influencers.
- Evaluates admissions conversion data to develop communication campaigns to impact conversion rates and show rates at campus events.
- Utilizes established and new tools to measure analytics of impressions, clicks and other forms of student engagement and prepares analytics to determine return on investment, impact on admissions outcomes and provides recommendations.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective students and Alumnae Volunteers regarding the application process, financial aid, learning experience and other related inquiries.
- Schedules visits to high schools and community colleges and participates in college fairs, and other recruitment events, including virtual events, to communicate the educational opportunities available at Salem to external populations, i.e., prospective students, parents, alumni, community college transfer students and adult learners.
- Hosts and assists with planning on-campus and virtual events.
- Communicates with prospective students, parent, school administrators, guidance and/or college counselors and other vital decision makers in the college planning process in person, via phone calls, group presentations, open houses, receptions, and other recruitment events; uses written and electronic communication, or current technology to develop and nurture relationships to encourage enrollment and attendance at Salem.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of the admissions process, including recruitment/yield strategies, territory management, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and admissions cycles.
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative uses of technology and media in the recruitment and admissions process.
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; must possess the skills to collaborate, communicate and cooperatively work with faculty, staff and administration as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills include proficiency with Google suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to conduct Internet research.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Commitment to the values and environment of an educational institution and its mission and goals.
- Ability to develop and implement data-driven metrics to assess the effectiveness of media campaigns.
- Ability to prepare and analyze statistical information for tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective independent judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail, professionalism, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with confidential information.
- Ability to work extended hours (nights and weekends), as needed.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.