Associate Director of Admission for Adult, Transfer and Graduate Programs
Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for: Associate Director of Admission for Adult, Transfer and Graduate Programs.
The Associate Director of Admission for Adult, Transfer and Graduate Programs will report directly to the Director of Admissions supporting Salem Academy and College’s enrollment activities. This position oversees the planning and execution of the Office of Admissions strategic outreach for these important populations. This position will develop, implement, and evaluate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) communication plans in support of Salem’s new first year adult and transfer student recruitment efforts. The position will also work closely with the office of Graduate Studies to attract and enroll candidates for graduate study. The position will also serve as the principal liaison with the Fleer center. The Associate Director works closely with the Director of Admissions and the VP for Enrollment Management to plan and strategize automated CRM communications, event communication campaigns, telephone campaigns, and digital marketing efforts designed to support effective outcomes for recruitment programming, admissions conversion rates, and attendance at open house and recruitment programming events. The Associate Director will develop reporting strategies to analyze the effectiveness of communication strategies and their impact on enrollment outcomes. This position is also responsible for recruiting new adult and transfer students and includes work to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students as well as managing a recruitment territory by contacting, visiting, and informing prospective students about Salem’s culture, mission, and life on campus. The Associate Director will also serve as the primary contact and authority on the coordination for Community Colleges to attract those students who wish to transfer.
About Salem Academy and College:
Salem Academy and College is the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772. The institution is currently celebrating its 250th anniversary and is engaging in transformational change to innovate in women’s education. Salem Academy is a college preparatory school located on a diverse, active college campus focused on preparing young women for careers in STEAM. Salem College is the nation’s only liberal arts college exclusively dedicated to developing the next generation of women in health leadership. Salem Academy and College is located in Winston Salem, North Carolina, a vibrant college town known for arts and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works closely with the AVP for Enrollment Management Communications to envision and implement a consistent, on-brand digital and written communication plan and marketing strategies in alignment with the prospective first year, transfer student and graduate enrollment goals.
- Attends communication meetings and associated planning sessions with the VP.
- Expands and enhances the Office of Admissions’ social media reach; employs new and creative tactics for engaging with the prospective student population and their influencers.
- Evaluates admissions conversion data to develop communication campaigns to impact conversion rates and show rates at campus events.
- Utilizes established and new tools to measure analytics of impressions, clicks and other forms of student engagement and prepares analytics to determine return on investment, impact on admissions outcomes and provides recommendations.
- Regularly reviews the content of the Salem Admissions website, makes appropriate recommendations, and edits, and develops new content to recommend for publication on this format according to the goals of the Office of Admissions.
- Assists in the creation, copywriting, evaluation, and execution of Admissions email campaigns through Slate. Assists in the development of strategies to integrate social media and other web efforts into the broader communication plan for the Office of Admissions.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective students regarding the application process, financial aid, learning experience and other related inquiries.
- Counsels and communicates with prospective students, parents, and guidance counselors through one-on-one interviews, group presentations, open houses, receptions, and other recruitment events.
- Schedules visits to high schools and community colleges and participates in college fairs, and other recruitment events, including virtual events, to communicate the educational opportunities available at Salem to external populations, i.e., prospective students, parents, alumni, community college transfer students and adult learners.
- Hosts and assists with planning on-campus and virtual events.
- Communicates with prospective students, school administrators, guidance and/or college counselors and other vital decision makers in the college planning process in person, via phone calls, written and electronic communication, or through current technology to develop and nurture relationships to encourage enrollment and attendance at Salem.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of the admissions process, including recruitment/yield strategies, territory management, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and admissions cycles.
- Demonstrated understanding of innovative uses of technology and media in the recruitment and admissions process.
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; must possess the skills to collaborate, communicate and cooperatively work with faculty, staff and administration as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills include proficiency with Google suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to conduct Internet research.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Commitment to the values and environment of an educational institution and its mission and goals.
- Ability to develop and implement data-driven metrics to assess the effectiveness of media campaigns.
- Ability to prepare and analyze statistical information for tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective independent judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail, professionalism, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with confidential information.
- Ability to work extended hours (nights and weekends), as needed.
- Ability to travel extensively; must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Background and/or experience in a health-related field or institution, preferred.
While performing the responsibilities of the Associate Director of Admission for Adult, Transfer and Graduate Programs, the employee is required to sit for varying lengths of time; occasionally bend, reach, lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds; occasionally stand, walk, and kneel and regularly ascend/descend stairs; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard; perform extended periods of work at a computer workstation and view a computer monitor; perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and receive detailed information through oral communication; express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word; and work in an office setting or remotely as needed.
To apply, please send a letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position along with a resume to enrollment @salem.edu and email@example.com. The letter of interest may be addressed to the “Search Committee.” The review of applications will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Salem Academy and College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.