Ways to Volunteer
“Salem is a place I’ll always return to for comfort, nostalgia, and the inspiration I draw from today’s students.”
Anna Rucker A’07,
business owner, The Sunglass Shop, Ocracoke, NC
We welcome the participation of alumnae and offer a variety of volunteer opportunities. Find one that fits your interests and availability, and be prepared to be inspired by today’s students!
Refer a Student
Help nurture the next generation of Salem sisters by speaking to prospective students in your life. Share your Salem success story and encourage them to visit. Once you refer a student to our office, we will quickly connect with them and their family.
Other Ways to Support Admissions
- Host an information session in your area to connect with educators and parents
- Represent Salem Academy at a high school fair or event in your area.
- Contact parents of current inquiries and applicants via email, telephone, or mail
- Host socials for incoming and returning students
- Return to Salem to talk about your experiences during an Open House, assembly, or other programs
Alumnae Leadership Opportunities
- Serve as a Class Representative. The Class Representative team includes the Class Chair, Class Correspondent, Class Giving Chair, and reunion volunteers.
- Consider serving on the Salem Academy Alumnae Board. Nominations are accepted through January 15 for the following academic year of service.
Host an Event
- Host your class party during Reunion Weekend
- Host an alumnae event in your area
Connect with Students
- Share your professional success with today’s students! You can
- Serve as an advisor for a Jan Term Honors Internship in your workplace
- Participate on the Alumnae Panel at Reunion Weekend
Support the Alumnae Office
- We could always use an extra pair of hands to help with filing, typing, stuffing envelopes, making phone calls, etc.
Starts with a Call or Email
To get learn more (or get started) on any of the opportunities listed, contact: