Ways to Volunteer
“Salem is a place I’ll always return to for comfort, nostalgia, and the inspiration I draw from today’s students.”
Anna Rucker A’07,
business owner, The Sunglass Shop, Ocracoke, NC
We welcome the participation of alumnae and offer a variety of volunteer opportunities. Find one that fits your interests and availability, and be prepared to be inspired by today’s students!
Refer a Student
Help nurture the next generation of Salem sisters by speaking to prospective students in your life. Share your Salem success story and encourage them to visit. Once you refer a student to our office, we will quickly connect with them and their family.
Other Ways to Support Admissions
- Host an information session in your area to connect with educators and parents
- Represent Salem Academy at a high school fair or event in your area.
- Contact parents of current inquiries and applicants via email, telephone, or mail
- Host socials for incoming and returning students
- Return to Salem to talk about your experiences during an Open House, assembly, or other programs
Alumnae Leadership Opportunities
- Serve as a Class Representative. The Class Representative team includes the Class Chair, Class Correspondent, Class Giving Chair, and reunion volunteers.
- Consider serving on the Salem Academy Alumnae Board. Nominations are accepted through January 15 for the following academic year of service.
Host an Event
- Host your class party during Reunion Weekend
- Host an alumnae event in your area
Connect with Students
- Share your professional success with today’s students! You can
- Serve as an advisor for a Jan Term Honors Internship in your workplace
- Participate on the Alumnae Panel at Reunion Weekend
Support the Alumnae Office
- We could always use an extra pair of hands to help with filing, typing, stuffing envelopes, making phone calls, etc.
To get learn more (or get started) on any of the opportunities listed above contact: