All students are automatically considered for our academic Saber Scholarship upon application to Salem. No other form is required. Scholarships are based on a student’s academic record and activities.
The Admissions Office will award a $500 legacy scholarship to any current or prospective student whose grandmother, mother, aunt, or sister attended Salem Academy or College. Please notify us if your daughter is eligible for this scholarship!
SISTERS AND FOUNDERS MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
Recipients of the prestigious Sisters Merit Scholarship* receive full tuition, room and board, along with preference for Honors Internships. Recipients of the Founders Merit Scholarships receive partial tuition awards (up to half), as well as preference for Honors Internships.
To qualify, the student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen applying for ninth or tenth grade
- Demonstrate a strong academic foundation
- Be in the upper echelon of scores on a Salem Academy approved admission test
- Have demonstrated school and community leadership
- Foster trust, responsibility, and a sense of the value of each member of her community
*Recipients of the Sisters Merit Scholarship must be boarding students (outside a 25-mile radius); the Founders Merit Scholarship is open to boarding and day applicants.
Both scholarships are renewable, providing the recipient:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Honor Code
- Is on the Honor Roll
- Shows involvement in the school community through athletics, arts, clubs, or activities
- Participates in community service each semester
- Serves as an ambassador for Salem Academy
APPLY! ONE APPLICATION, TWO SCHOLARSHIPS
To be considered for the Sisters and Founders Merit Scholarships, the student must:
- Complete a Merit Scholarship Essay (300-500 words) on one of the following topics:
- Do you know any women who work in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)? Why is it important for women to contribute to these fields?
- Who is the most influential woman you know? How does she inspire you?
- Submit one personal recommendation from someone outside the applicant’s family (e.g., advisor, coach, mentor)
- Essay and recommendation must be submitted by the deadlines listed below. Submissions may be sent to the Admissions Office at email@example.com; please indicate the student's first and last name with your submissions.
SISTERS AND FOUNDERS MERIT SCHOLARSHIP TIMELINE
- February 10, 2023: Completed admissions application, merit essay, and test scores due for applicants; finalists notified by February 17, 2023
- March 2-3, 2023: Scholarship finalists will visit campus for scholarship interviews
For more information please feel free to contact Jessica Rogers in the Office of Admissions at 336.721.2643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.