Balancing High Quality with Affordability
“Salem offered us financial aid and that made it all possible. We deeply appreciate how generous they’ve been.”
Jennifer Groman-Murphy P’21
Salem Academy understands the financial demands families face today. Our promise: We will work closely with you to find the best possible solution.
Options for Aid include
Need-based Financial Assistance
Salem’s Financial Assistance Awards are made based on demonstrated financial need, which is established through the Parent Financial Statement (PFS). To apply for assistance:
- Complete the PFS form
- Include Salem’s school code: 7048
- Upload a copy of your 2018 tax return when prompted
Once we receive these items, Salem’s Financial Assistance Committee will evaluate needs and grant awards. To better understand the evaluation, please read Understanding Your Family Report.
Note: Financial assistance awards are reevaluated each year and families must file a new PFS form each spring.
Referral Award — New!
Salem offers a $1,000 Referral Award to current families who refer a new family to Salem Academy. The award is applied toward tuition and includes the following criteria:
- The family must be new to Salem Academy
- They must notify us of your referral
- They must pay their deposit and registration fees
All students are automatically considered for our merit-based scholarship upon application to Salem. No other form is required. Scholarships are based on a student’s academic record, standardized test scores, and activities.
Legacy Scholarship — New!
The Admissions Office will award a $500 legacy scholarship to any current or prospective student whose grandmother, mother, aunt, or sister attended Salem Academy or College. Please notify us if your daughter is eligible for this scholarship!
The Opportunity Scholarship Program expands school choice in North Carolina by awarding grants up to $4,200 per year. The application opens on February 1 with a priority deadline of March 1 and the scholarship is renewable for all 4 years.
Sister Merit Scholarship
Recipients of this prestigious award receive full tuition, room and board, along with participation in a Jan Term international trip, attendance at a leadership conference, and preference for Honors Internships.
Qualifications: The nominated student must
- Be a U.S. Citizen applying for ninth or tenth grade
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5
- Be in the top 15% of scores on the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)
- Be a boarding applicant (outside a 25-mile radius)
- Have demonstrated school and community leadership
- Foster trust, responsibility, and a sense of the value of each member of her community
The Sisters Merit Scholarship is renewable, providing the recipient
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Honor Code
- Is on the Honor Role
- Shows involvement in the school community through athletics, arts, clubs, or activities
- Completes 15 hours of community service each semester
- Serves as a mentor to future scholars as well as an ambassador for Salem Academy
Apply! To be considered for the scholarship, the student must: