Preparing for Academics
You will have the opportunity to shop for school supplies during orientation and the first week of classes, but if you’d like to do some shopping before you come to campus, this list includes many of the items that students find they need:
- pens, pencils, and highlighters
- three-ring binders with dividers
- notebook paper
- graph paper
- Ti-84 calculator
Salem Academy has a computer lab on campus and chromebooks available for checkout from the library, but we encourage students to bring either a laptop or chromebook to campus. Students frequently use Google Drive, so a chromebook is a great, inexpensive option.
All Students Should Bring
- Personal thermometer
- Mask or cloth face coverings - we recommend 6-8
- Hand sanitizer
What Should I Pack?
This question is the one that every new Salem student asks! There are many ways to personalize your room and make it your own. Your room will be furnished with a twin bed, desk, chair, and a dresser.
Babcock Hall WINDOW AND MATTRESS SIZES
Extra-long twin mattresses
1st Floor: 11’6” x 15’5” – Window: 43’6” x 62’6”
2nd Floor: 11’6” x 15’5” – Window: 45’ x 62’6”
3rd Floor: 11’6” x 15’5” – Window: 37’6” x 57’
The Following Items Would be Helpful to You:
- Alarm clock
- Linens - including towels, blanket/comforter, pillowcase, pillow, mattress pad, and extra-long twin sheets
- Waste basket
- Power strips with built-in circuit breakers (regular extension cords are prohibited)
- Small refrigerator (4-6 cubic feet)
- Important phone numbers and information - car insurance, health insurance, physician
- Medications and prescriptions
- Decorative items - pictures, posters (please use only painter’s tape or command strips for hanging)
- Toiletries and cleaning supplies - shampoo, soap, broom, laundry detergent, etc.
- School supplies
- Disinfectant wipes
- Disinfectant spray
- Rain coat
- Rain boots
- Area rug - all residence hall rooms have tile or hardwood floors
Families can make tuition payments one of 3 ways:
- By check, payable to Salem Academy
- Through Flywire, a secure international payment network. Flywire allows parents to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
- Via our Monthly Payment Plan, administered Tuition Management Systems, which allows for interest-free monthly payments (bank draft or credit card). Please note, there is a one-time set-up charge for this service.