At Salem Academy, anything is possible!
Each year, we craft a student body you will be proud to be a member of, where you will stretch beyond your imagination, and where you will embrace your classmates. Students who wish to be considered for enrollment at Salem Academy are urged to submit applications for acceptance in the ninth, tenth, and eleventh grades. A few exceptionally qualified twelfth-grade students may also apply.
All students are encouraged to submit an online application in one of three ways. You may create a personalized Salem Academy account and apply online through our website–see below. You may also apply through Gateway to Prep Schools or through the Standard Application Online (SAO) through SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test).
December 15, 2018 - Non-binding, early action application deadline
February 1, 2019 - Regular admission application deadline
February 15, 2019 - Regular admission decision letters mailed
*Rolling admission after February 15
February 28, 2019 - Accepted Students Night
March 15, 2019 - New student deposit deadline
A completed application includes each of the following elements:
- Application (for domestic boarders or day students) OR International Student Application
- Tell us about yourself and your achievements. Submit with the application fee of $50.
- Student Essay
- Choose one of the prompts on the form provided and write a brief descriptive essay.
- Please ask your guidance counselor or principal to submit an official transcript showing grades and courses from the current school year and previous two years. A transcript can be uploaded through the online form completed by your principal or school counselor.
- Candidates for admission are asked to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) during the year of application to Salem Academy. This test is administered by the Secondary School Admission Test Board on specific dates throughout the school year in test centers here and abroad. Please visit the SSAT website for more information and online registration.
- We advise taking the SSAT in October, November, December, or January. Candidates should indicate that their SSAT scores be reported to Salem Academy. The school code is 7048.
- The optional character skills test offered by SSAT is not required; however, we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Eleventh and twelfth-grade applicants may be evaluated on the basis of the PSAT or SAT scores.
- International applicants may submit TOEFL or TOEFL, Jr. scores as an alternate to the SSAT. Salem’s TOEFL code is 3155.
- Parent Form (Optional)
- In order to better serve each student and her family, we would like to know more about her educational path and what her parents anticipate her future at Salem Academy to be.