Salem Academy and College Athletic Hall of Fame
In February 2019, Salem Academy and College launched its Athletics Hall of Fame with a ceremony honoring six women and men — former student athletes, administrators, and friends — for their contributions to Salem’s athletic programs.
Established by Salem College Athletics Director Patricia Hughes, the Hall of Fame fulfills a long-standing goal. Hughes said, “We believe it’s important to honor and remember forever the legacies and achievements of Salem’s athletes, coaches, teams and supporters to reinforce the wonderful history and tradition of Salem Academy and College Athletics.”
Congratulations to our inaugural honorees! Read their full bios below:
- Jane Barkman Brown C’74, Olympic swimmer
- Chuck Blixt, Salem Academy parent, friend, and former trustee
- Dianne Dailey C’71, former head women’s golf coach at Wake Forest University
- Sarah (Sally) Colhoun Engram A’75, former Academy tennis player and coach
- Robert E. Esleeck, attorney and former Salem College business faculty member who oversaw the institutions NCAA membership process
- Laura Sides Watson A’94, C’99, former student athlete and marathon runner who has raised funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
See the new Hall of Fame showcase inside the Bryant Hall Athletic Center on the Salem College campus.