Welcome to the Salem Academy library! It is a wonderful place to do research, study, read current periodicals and newspapers, and access the Internet.
Salem Academy library provides a carefully selected and yet comprehensive core collection of library resources for the members of the Academy faculty, staff, and student body as they carry out their scholarly tasks. The collection is supplemented locally by those of the Robert E. Elberson Fine Arts Center and Salem College library which share their resources with the Academy.
Academy faculty, staff and students have access to resources via our NC-PALS web-based catalog consortium. The consortium consist of the libraries at Bennett College, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Salem College and Fine Arts Center. The holdings of these college libraries may be viewed online in the Academy library or from any computer connected to the Internet.
Academy faculty and students may request materials online from any of the colleges in the consortium.
- Patrons will need a bar-coded ID card to checkout books and other materials
- Books are checked out for 21 days
- Audio visual material are checked out for 7 days
- Patrons should never remove Reference, Periodical, or Reserve materials from the library
- Please return all books to the designated book return.
Library Computer Lab
- Operates on a first come first serve basis
- Keep in mind that scholarly activities take precedence over all other activities for which we use the computers
- Each student must have a signed Internet Use Agreement Form on file with the librarian
- Rules for use of the computer lab must be adhered to or students will lose this privilege
- Teachers may reserve the library computer lab for class activities
Hours of Operation
The Academy Library is open during the school year:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 AM-10:00 PM
Friday 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday 1:00 PM-5:00 PM
Sunday 3:00 PM-10:00 PM
500 Salem Avenue
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Phone: (336) 721-2765
Fax (336) 917-5340
Gloria Frost, Librarian