It is a privilege to play on a Salem Academy athletic team. The following are expectations and guidelines that are expected from each student-athlete:
- Attendance at games and practice are mandatory. You may not leave practice early. If absent, it is the student-athlete's responsibility to contact her coach prior to practice. Unexcused absences may result in dismissal from a team.
- Punctuality and preparation are expected for all games and practices. If an emergency arises, DO NOT send word through a teammate. Contact your coach and/or Ms. Howard. Look at the schedule in advance. If there are any conflicts, take responsibility and notify the coach as soon as possible.
- The student-athlete is responsible for all academic work. If necessary, arrangements may need to be made with teachers for work that is missed.
- Dedication to your team and coach are vital. Athletics require self-discipline to reach team and personal goals.
- If dinner is missed due to games, arrangements will be made with the dining hall.
- Salem Academy student-athletes have a responsibility to represent their school at all times in a dignified and positive manner.
- Sportsmanship before, during, and after games is expected of each student-athlete.
- If a student-athlete decides to quit a team after making the team, she will be ineligible to participate on a team the next season. An athlete must participate in 90% of practices and 90% of games in order to receive recognition.